Hey guys! Unfortunately, I had to bring the game down 2 days ago. My database started throwing this error:
MySqlException: Host ‘xx.xxx.xx.xxx’ is blocked because of many connection errors; unblock with ‘mysqladmin flush-hosts’
*The xx.xxx.xx.xxx is actually my IP, but I decided not to include that part.
I posted the error there just in case anyone reading this has some insight into what might be going on. I tried to FLUSH HOSTS, but don’t have the required permissions for some reason.
I immediately called my web host, who was unable to identify the issue and had to escalate my ticket to “Tier 2” (whatever that means). They said I should receive an update in 24-48 hours. It’s now been 46 hours, so I have an online chat session open with them as I write this.
I apologize for the wait. In the meantime, I’m trying to get some long overdue tasks done:
- I’ve updated the homepage, and will try to get some of the missing pages added shortly
- I’m going to do some class balancing:
- Arcanists and Snipers will be nerfed by ~10%
- Lightning mages, Undead archers, and Knife throwers will be buffed by ~10%
- Deathdealers will be buffed by ~5%
Hopefully the game is up soon. I’ll update this post tomorrow if it’s not back.
UPDATE: Here’s the latest from my hosting company:
“I see your issue was checked by Tier 2 but issue looks like need tier 3 assistance for resolving. Currently it is in Tier 3 queue, which will be looked after by them. Tier 2 tried all trouble shoot without any luck. In my experience with this, in most cases, Tier 3 can address, diagnose, log and correct the problem within an today of the initial investigation but it’s difficult to say for sure since a full investigation has not yet been completed.”